This project is read-only.

About AForge

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM

The last version requires AForge, could you please include a dll ?

Dec 6, 2010 at 1:58 PM

It's only needed for the NKinect.Mouse project. Try downloading it at www.aforgenet.com

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I've used Aforge for stereoscopic purposes in past, so i just linked that now to your project.

By the way, about the mouse pointer, we realized something like that but using just one hand, detecting the open/close gesture, we developed that as prototype using vvvv and contours detection, i was thinking about the implemention in your project using convexHull features, what do you think about it ?

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Seems nice - would look awesome instead of having to use both hands.

How exactly did you use the convex hull algorithm?

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Actually we didn't use the conve Hull, but a contour tracker, when you detect countour points actually you have 2 raw ways :

1) detect the angles between points, easy to understand then if hand is opend or closed

2) using the sum of points detected, between some limits and threshold the opened/closed detection is clear

These are just prototype to experiment, thouhgt they work fine.

Now we though about the Convex Hull, thinking about detecting gaps in the hull (less gaps is closed hand), but never had a look to that library (is opneCV only ?) and is just an idea, if you want we can talk about it better and exchange some experiences, anyway, using contours and angles works very fine, but it starts from a 2d analysys without using the z info.

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Hrm. I believe AForgeNET comes with a convex hull algorithm... I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM

thank you :) some more hints about our prototypes,

1) first detect the 2 main blob, right and left hand/arm

2)for each blob detect the closest area , with the lowest Z value, the apply blob counting on an image considering only trha z values (plus a threshold to make it rounder), so you will ever detect hands ion xy z

3) then apply a contour anlgs tecnique or convex hull

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM

or could easily be used an histogram to detect "empty places", between fingers in opened hand

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjj9gqTCTfc

Jan 17, 2011 at 9:26 PM
mitchBCAA wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjj9gqTCTfc

Thanks a lot for linking my youtube tutorial, it's only a proof of concept that show how to apply and use some opencv/emgucv functions. In the video i extract a quite precise mask

but definitely more work should be done on a convexity defects processing to implement a better gesture recognition scheme.