This project is read-only.

Multi Kinect

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Is it possible to handle multiple kinect camera on the same pc ?

Dec 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM
Not yet. I'm waiting for CL NUI and OpenKinect to implement that feature. However, once they release it, I'll get to work on it.
Dec 7, 2010 at 5:16 PM

i thouhgt was like that, thank u for reply man :D

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:14 PM

i'm working on multi kinect and/or combining a kinect and canon camera for better image resolution , i think the range sensor is not precise enough ( i mean the resolution ) but we can extract point clouds with camera only without any gps or accelerometer...

i have only one question : can we put two range sensors together to double the ranging resolution ? if we can't multiplying kinects on some project would be unusable because we have same resolution and geometry can not been improved because of rang sensor

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Two Kinects/PrimeSensors can work to extend the area, though they will have the same resolution. Depending on where they are located in respect to each other, you might get interference. Look at Oliver Kreylos's videos on YouTube.

Jan 26, 2011 at 5:04 PM

extending the area can be done by rotating the kinect by a motor, and i think it would be cheaper to use motor instead of two kinects.

thanks for fast reply , :)